You may need to reconsider the kind of foods you take into your body if you know you suffer from inflammation. Using medication against inflammation may be good, but adopting a lifestyle that keeps you from the condition is the best thing to do. A condition like rheumatoid arthritis cannot be reversed by a change in your daily diet, but the pain caused by the condition will go down a little. An anti-inflammatory diet is one of the diets regarded as safe and healthy for the human body. The diet may not remove all the symptoms or totally cure the condition, but it helps to block the development of other medical issues that may arise due to lack of treatment.
Foods to Eat
Nutrition experts highly recommend anti-inflammatory foods due to their healthy content. Some of these helpful foods include vegetables, whole grains, fruits, beans, nuts, fatty fish, spices and fresh herbs.
- Fruits and Vegetables: to get the best out of fruits and vegetables, you need to combine many varieties and colors of your choice. According to research, leafy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, kale, and cabbage can help cut the possibility of developing inflammation due to their vitamin K content. Other fruits like cherries, blackberries, and raspberries have a pigment which gives them their peculiar color and fights inflammation.
- Whole Grains: foods rich in fiber are good and nutritious. Eating such foods like oatmeal, brown rice, whole wheat bread, and unrefined grains is effective in combating the development and presence of inflammation.
- Beans: beans are rich in fiber and have enough antioxidants and anti-inflammatory substances which help the human body against inflammation.
- Nuts: the healthy fat content in nuts makes them potent food in minimizing the effect of inflammation in the body. Good sources of this fat are avocados and olive oil. If you want to keep healthy and stay free from inflammation, eat a handful of nuts each day and keep to the habit. This lifestyle will curb the buildup of calories and fat in your body.
- Fish: Fish is an essential food you should consider adding to your meal each time. It is even recommended that eating fish at least two times a week will keep you safe and healthy. Fish rich in omega-3 and fatty acids are salmon, tuna and sardines, and these help to reduce inflammation.
- Herbs and Spices: we know how herbs and spices add some color and flavor to our daily meals. These foods also add antioxidants to what we eat each day. This is why we must consider adding spices in our eating habits. Curcumin found in turmeric in curry powder has the capacity to fight inflammation. Eating of garlic helps the body develop the ability to resist inflammation.
Food You Should Avoid
The foods you take into your body must be healthy and hygienic enough for consumption. Avoid any foods that are highly processed, over sweetened or overly greasy. They may look very tempting yet are not good for your body in terms of nutrition and health. If you want to stay free from inflammation, do not add these foods to your diet.